During the bike tour you will discover the history of Tuscany and the strong fight between Florence and Siena, Guelfi and Ghibellini.
The itinerary will take you up and down on the typical tuscan hill, surrounded by olive trees and vineyards and you will visit beautiful hilltop towns as San Gimignano, Monteriggioni and Siena.
At the end of each stage you can relax and taste some Chianti or Vernaccia di San Gimignano wines.
Day 1 - Benvenuti in Toscana
Individual arrival and accommodation in 3 stars hotel located very close the city center of Florence.
THE ROAD TO SAN GIMIGNANO
56 km – Elevation gain: 1010 meters
This stage starts with a very easy uphill to Piazzale Michelangelo, one of the most scenic panoramic spots over the city center of Florence.
Montespertoli, cute hilltop town surrounded by beautiful view on the Chianti vineyards.
Certaldo, beautiful medieval town where the famous Tuscan writer Boccaccio, author of the Decameron, was born.
Uphill along the Via Francigena to San Gimignano, the towers of the town can be seen for miles around and the historic town centre is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Dinner on your own and accommodation in 3 stars hotel of the city center.
MONTERIGGIONI AND CHIANTI REGION
49 km – Elevation gain: 800 meters
Abbadia Isola, beautiful abbey along the Via Francigena.
Monteriggioni with its walls and the ring of towers that dominate the hill.
Climbing up surrounded by the Chianti vineyards, take a break for a wine tasting.
Castellina in Chianti, the most medieval of the Chianti towns.
Dinner and accommodation in 4 stars hotel of Radda in Chianti.
THE CASTLE OF BROLIO AND SIENA
52 km – elevation gain: 820 meters
Radda in Chianti with its small street and a wonderful view on the vineyards.
Gaiole, town where L’Eroica was born in 1997.
The Castle of Brolio, symbol of Chianti and good wines to taste.
Villa a Sesta and San Gusmè, cute town in Chianti.
Castelnuovo Berardenga and its landscape museum.
Final arrival in Piazza del Campo, last unforgettable highlights of the bike tour.
Dinner in typical restaurant of the city center and accommodation in 4 stars hotel in Siena.
Day 5 - Arrivederci
Check-out and individual departure, optional transfer on request. Otherwise you can decide to add more days to your stay and visit this beautiful city.
- 4 nights with breakfast
- 2 dinners, drinks not included
- Baggage transportation between the hotels
- Pick-up of everything you bought during your daily stage: wine, gift and more
- 1 intervention of technical assistance along the route (parts not included)
- Maps and information for your daily stage
- GPX tracks for GPS system
- Anima Toscana phone assistance
- Tourist city tax
- Medical baggage insurance
- Medical baggage insurance
- Private transfer day 1 and 5 from airport, train station or hotels
- Bike rental (hybrid, road bike or electric bike)
- Activities for non-cyclist (cooking classes, wine tours, truffle hunting, horseback riding, trekking…)
- Van support along the route
- Expert bike guide
- Extra intervention of technical assistance
- GPS rental
- Day 2: light lunch and vernaccia tasting
- Day 3: Chianti wine tour and tasting
- Day 4: Chianti wine tour and tasting and Cooking class with dinner
- Guided tours